Wednesday, July 8, 2009

AlbumReview: Maxwell Blacksummer'snight





Yesterday Macwell dropped his 1st album of his 3 part trilogy. All I can say is WHAT a comeback. I am a lover of GOOD, REAL music an that's what this cd is. In a time where everyone in the music industry is catering & wateringdown music not to mention an all around closemind market of music lovers. This is a grown, sexy, smooth, soulful album. My top picks on the album would be #StopTheWorld a beautiful love appreciation Ballard. Of course #PrettyWings, then there is #FistFulOfTears which portrays the struggles of loving one another in relationship & mending it. other tracks include #PlayingPossum, #Love, #Cold and my least favorite PhoneixRising. My only complaint would be the album only has 9 tracks 8 really because #9 he isn't singing it's more so an instrumental. However the power & depth of the other ones make up for it.

0 comments: